Monday, February 05, 2007

Humanware - LBS and GPS for the blind

Humanware offer services for the visually impaired:

Tools that empower our customers to compete effectively in a sighted world.

HumanWare is about empowering people. About innovative solutions. Putting the power in the hands of our customers.

HumanWare products are designed to last, to grow (and in many cases, to go) with the user. Giving them the independence to compete effectively with peers, to feel connected – to be a vital part of the global information age in which we live.

For some reason, I really like their website and its layout. I suspect that might be because what works for those who don't see too good, is also a sight for sore eyes for the rest of us...

PS I saw an article months ago about folksonomy (tagging) in Second Life to enable the blind to get around, virtually. I need that info (and Google has let me down) so if you see it, please let me know?

1 comment:

Map digitization services said...

Very useful for blind .Anyway thanks for sharing..
regards
GIS data processing