Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Herald Sun artice on i-Kids

Dave Bullard of the Herald Sun in Melbourne has been testing the iKids GPS handset from Mobiles2Go.
SLAVING away at my desk one afternoon, my mind worlds away from my family, my concentration was broken by a message alert from my mobile phone. The SMS said my daughter had left the area between school and home, though she was supposed to go straight home. I went on to the web and saw on a global-positioning system (GPS) map that she was heading south on Melbourne's Nepean Highway.
In this case, Dave's wife had picked up the munchkin and was taking her shopping. It'll be interesting to see if people buy the phone purely for peace of mind or if communicating with the little ones (missed my flight, go wait in the library until your mum/stepdad/stepmum picks you up) becomes a priority in this communication age. Do schools even take messages like that anymore?

Technorati Tags , , , , ,

No comments: